Want to share an event with the postdoc community?
- On the UI main calendar, make sure to tag 'Postdocs' as an audience; these events propagate to the UIPDA website calendar.
- On social media, tag @UIPostdoc on Twitter and @UIPDA on Facebook.
- To share your event with the grad-postdoc listserv, send event details to email@example.com and the current UIPDA President for distribution.
Want to present to the postdoc community?
- UIPDA hosts guests at every monthly meeting (1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1 PM); email the current UIPDA President for a 15-20 minute slot at an upcoming meeting.
- If you have a 30-50 minute seminar, contact UIPDA leadership about partnering on a UIPDA monthly professional development seminar.
Planning an event for postdocs?
- Looking for a seminar topic? The NPA Core Competencies highlight critical skills for postdocs. Email UIPDA for a list of topics that were suggested in our recent postdoc survey.
- Check the list of upcoming internal and external postdoc events on the UIPDA homepage.
- Strongly consider virtual options and creating recordings that can be accessed later; many of our postdocs prefer the flexibility of attending events from the lab or may have restricted availability for attending in person.
- What times work best for our postdocs? UIPDA has found that early mornings (8-10 AM) and end of the day (4-5 PM) are less attended. Many postdocs like attending events over the noon/lunch hour. UIPDA generally plans events on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and occasionally Fridays to avoid departmental seminar series.
Avoiding Scheduling Conflicts
College of Medicine events calendar.
Recurring Seminars (2021-2022):
- Tuesday 12:30-1:30 PM Biochemistry Workshop
- Tuesday 3-4 PM Microbiology & Immunology Department Seminar
- Wednesday 1-2 PM Anatomy & Cell Biology Department Seminar
- Thursday 10:30-11:30 AM Biochemistry Department Seminar
- Thursday 12-1 PM Internal Medicine Grand Rounds
- Thursday 12:30-1:30 PM Neuroscience & Pharmacology Workshop
- Friday 12-1(:30) PM INI Seminars (Big10 Neuroscience Seminars)
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences event calendar.