For Campus Partners
Want to share an event with the postdoc community?
- On the UI main calendar, make sure to tag 'Postdocs' as an audience; these events propagate to the UIPDA website calendar.
- On social media, tag @UIPostdoc on Twitter and @UIPDA on Facebook.
- To share your event with the grad-postdoc listserv, send event details to email@example.com and the current UIPDA President for distribution.
Want to present to the postdoc community?
- UIPDA hosts guests at every monthly meeting (1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1 PM); email the current UIPDA President for a 15-20 minute slot at an upcoming meeting.
- If you have a 30-50 minute seminar, contact UIPDA leadership about partnering on a UIPDA monthly professional development seminar.
Planning an event for postdocs?
- Looking for a seminar topic? The NPA Core Competencies highlight critical skills for postdocs. Email UIPDA for a list of topics that were suggested in our recent postdoc survey.
- Check the list of upcoming internal and external postdoc events on the UIPDA homepage.
- Strongly consider virtual options and creating recordings that can be accessed later; many of our postdocs prefer the flexibility of attending events from the lab or may have restricted availability for attending in person.
- What times work best for our postdocs? UIPDA has found that early mornings (8-10 AM) and end of the day (4-5 PM) are less attended. Many postdocs like attending events over the noon/lunch hour. UIPDA generally plans events on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and occasionally Fridays to avoid departmental seminar series.
Avoiding Scheduling Conflicts
Check the UIPDA "Events of Interest" link on the UIPDA homepage. This includes internal and external events/webinars that postdocs may be attending.
College of Medicine events calendar.
Recurring Seminars (2021-2022):
- Tuesday 12:30-1:30 PM Biochemistry Workshop
- Tuesday 3-4 PM Microbiology & Immunology Department Seminar
- Wednesday 1-2 PM Anatomy & Cell Biology Department Seminar
- Thursday 10:30-11:30 AM Biochemistry Department Seminar
- Thursday 12-1 PM Internal Medicine Grand Rounds
- Thursday 12:30-1:30 PM Neuroscience & Pharmacology Workshop
- Friday 12-1(:30) PM INI Seminars (Big10 Neuroscience Seminars)
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences event calendar.