Are you experiencing financial loss or unexpected travel expenses due to the COVID-19 virus? The Graduate College has allocated funds for microgrants to help. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a supplement to a postdoc’s funding sources. Instead, these funds are for those students who experience an event or unforeseen circumstance that negatively and severely impacts their training. Funds are awarded and distributed up to $500. We are currently accepting applications through June 1, 2020.
To be eligible, postdocs:
- need to be current postdoc fellows or scholars (FP01 or FP02) at University of Iowa in a 50% or greater appointment during the term when the emergency funds are paid
- must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unplanned event related to COVID-19
- must be able to demonstrate their current financial need
- must complete all questions in full, including how the monies will be spent
- must describe other sources of funding and financial resources that have been considered (and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner including student loans, Medicaid, personal financial accounts, community resources)
An application may be found at: https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/postdoc-emergency-fund.