Check the calendar for upcoming events.
The Social Programming & Outreach committee seeks to build connections within our postdoc community and with the larger UI community. This includes traditional in person social networking events, but we are also seeking to better utilize online spaces for these interactions.
Events being planned include but are not limited to:
- Monthly postdoc social networking events
- Family friendly social events for postdocs
- National Postdoc Appreciation Week events
- Lunches at CCOM's Science Thursdays
All postdocs are welcome! We want to have an engaged, active community of postdocs at the University of Iowa. As a postdocs, you may be the only postdoc in your lab or department. Let UIPDA help you meet your fellow postdocs and our campus advocates.
Need help getting connected on campus, community-based resources, or to a professional network?
- Follow UIPDA on FB or Twitter for the latest updates about programming, external events, and resources of interest to postdocs.
- 'Building An Inclusive UI Postdoc Community' Resource List: this set of resources was assembled in collaboration with CCOM Office of Diversity and the Association of Multicultural Scientists. Our postdocs are from diverse backgrounds--find support and opportunities to celebrate your unique background in a UI community or in any number of online spaces.
- Sign up for the Association for Multicultural Scientists (AMS) newsletter about upcoming events.
- Sign up for the DDEI Newsletter!
- Living in Iowa City Guide (CCOM Office of DEI)
- Community event calendars for Iowa City (Think Iowa City & Downtown Iowa City), Coralville, North Liberty, and Cedar Rapids. Also, check out events in Kalona and the Amana Colonies!
- Join our new LinkedIn group to connect with current UI postdocs and past UIPDA alumni.
- Use the networking surveys and Pivot database from the UI Research Development Office (RDO) to find research collaborators.
If you have any questions about the Social Committee or would like to join our committee, please contact Nicole Green.